First arrival of relief goods - Typhon Odette
Thanks to your donations, Siargao Masaya with its partners on site (@baybayinlibrary_generalluna , Nissi Academy and local friends @itsdionelan @caughtinhaze @mytourguide.cebuph) were already able to give many relief goods to the inhabitants of Siargao 😊
- 1500 kg of rice were distributed to 300 families in Poneas, Socorro and other parts of the island.
- 250 kg of vegetables 🥕, 100L of water 💦 and 50kg of rice 🍚 were given away to families from Brgy Katipunan, Pilar.
- Around 30kg of vegetables🥬 were donated to Arka’s feeding program.
- 50 bags of mix relief goods were distributed to 50 families in Catangnan 👨👩👧👦
- Medicines 💊 for both kids and adults were donated to General Luna municipal health center through Doc. TJ.
- Some constructions supplies 🪚 (sheets of metal, plywood, umbrella nails, etc.) were donated to rebuild some of the damaged houses around General Luna and on Daku Island.
In total for this operation, Siargao Masaya gave 280’000 pesos which represents around 5’000 CHF. It was a long way for everyone to be able to give all these relief goods as the weather conditions weren’t on our side. We feel really grateful for all the help everyone gave us to make this possible. Thank you very very much 🙏🏼🤍
The next challenge for the association will be to bring 1000 sheets of metal and 1000 wood planks (plywood) to rebuild roofs and walls in Daku Island. This will cost 10’000 CHF / 553’000 pesos and fixe around 50 houses completely damaged and 70 houses partially damaged. We will do an update of this in a next post soon 🤙🏻
Let’s continue with the donations and help as much people as we can 🙏🏼💪🏻
SALAMAT KARAJAW for your precious help which counts so much 🪄 🤍